Monday, May 30, 2011

Latest Thangs

Hey everyone, how you guys doing? I'm currently writing this all on my iTouch cause for one it's 10:55 and according to my mom blogging is less important than sleep. But not to me, you can see that for yourself though. Anyways, TONS of new stuff I have to tell you guys about since my last post. I just wish I had more time to write my blogs but there are SOO many things to worry about in school. Summatives, exams, homework, tests and plenty more. But the important thing is that I'm here now and I have time to let my mind loose for the next half hour or so. So let's get onto our first topic shall we?

Ever since I got the BOSS VE-20 vocal processor for my birthday I've taken every opportunity that I can to practice my songs with it. And so far I LOVE IT!!!!!! For one, it's SOOOO much fun composing your own music and singing your own lyrics. It's just fun period. Imagine if you could compose your own world with it's own little details. To me that's what it feels like, composing my own music with my own lyrics with my own custom manipulation of the effects is just an AMAZING feeling. I will continue to do so until who knows when. I also completed new lyrics today in class and I think that they're my best lyrics so far. But then again I say that about every new lyrics that I write. Maybe that's because they get better every time. Well I guess practice makes better, cause there ain't no such thing as perfect. So anyways, what are my plans for the VE-20? Keep practicing is my number one goal and then one day I'll be good enough to perform on Yonge and Eglinton and I will once I get to that stage. And then hopefully I'll pursue music as a career but that's a BIG maybe because I don't know what I want to do with my life yet, which is basically what my new song is about. But for now, I'll just keep writing lyrics, releasing them to you guys, and practicing. I think that just about sums up THAT topic, so let's move on shall we?

So, SUMMER IS COMING!!!! And I am excited. Because I've got TONS of things planned for the following free 2 months. But before I get into that. I'd like to congratulate the graduating class of NT 2011. You guys made it! Anyways, back to the topic. My plans for the summer are to practice my BOSS VE-20 skills, take a trip to Russia, hopefully visit my brother, practice writing and reading in Russian, and hopefully hang with friends for some portion. So the VE-20 part is self explanetary, but this year I'm going to Russia again! I'm gonna visit all my relatives there and see the sights of the Motherland. And how I miss it. The subway has such a smell that I just CAN'T bear myself to forget. No kidding, the smells there just bring A LOT of memories. I even remember the smell of my father's, sister's house. Because those smells help me remember what I saw in Russia when I was there for a while. Oh man it's gonna be so nice. Don't worry guys. I'll still be posting my blogs there almost every 3 days or so cause I'll be staying at home for the first portion of the trip which will give me the opportunity to practice with my VE-20 and just some alone time that I sometimes need. Overall, I expect it to be a great summer. And then I'll probably head over back home and catch a flight to see my brother whom I haven't seen since the end of December. It's gonna be SOO good to see him and hang with him. We all need to be with family for a long time sometimes just for the fun of it. And then I'm hopefully gonna have time in the middle of all that to read and write up on my Russian. For 1, I've been getting worse at speaking it recently because I only talk in Russia. And it's at a very poor level that I want to raise so that I won't have to worry about it. I'm not saying I'll be fluent by the end of the summer, but hopefully I'll have improved on some level. So those are my plans for the summer. Go ahead and share yours in the comments section. Hopefully you'll have a great summer because nothing is worse than a bad summer. Anyways, let's move onto my latest lyrics shall we?

So today, in the length of one Science period I managed to write an entirely new song. It's mostly about finding your place in the world and how I don't know what to do with my life and many other people don't either. Oh and by the way, I figured out how to perform my first 2 songs with choruses and this one is on it's way. So once I finish this one I'll video record myself singing it with my VE-20 and post it on here and YouTube so that the world may see the talent spectacle that is: Mr. Lonely (it's my stage name for all my performances) I'm only jokin about the spectacle and talent part though. One day I'll be good enough to play on the street. And maybe even record an album. But that's for another day. So without further ado. My lyrics:

I don't know what to do with this life of mine
I can just sit back, laugh, and party all the time
But there's work to be done, and hardly any fun
Haven't got all day, not getting paid, so I gotta run
I don't know who I'll be or what I'll become
A singer, a dancer, or a man on the run?
We've got so many choices, possibilities
Don't throw away your life for anything, please
But what is our goal? It's all compulsory
Go to school, university, get a job, and a family
There has to be another way, another way out
Of this boring lifecycle, and what it's all about
Some become businessmen, some musicians
While others find their path in college with all of us
We all wil find out, who we will be
Bu there are others that have no idea like me

Chorus X2:
Someday, we will find our destiny
Someday, we will be who we were born to be
Someday, we will do everything
That someday, oh someday
I'll know the man that's become to be me

I don't know who to be, or become in the future
But I know what I won't do: drugs, gangs, or guns. I won't shoot ya
Most likely, I'll be up in the streets
Singin or dancing, with you watching in a seat
Or maybe, just maybe, I'll make it to the big time
In the studio, writing albums, with my latest rhyme
But that's a dream, one big big dream
That maybe, just maybe I'll oneday achieve
For now, I'll learn, write, and sing.
I'll be living my life once I end this thing
Called school, 16 years to be exact
Some waste it, some love it, others take it as a fact
Of life, and they accept it
We gotta do it either way, or we'll never make it
And so I leave you with these final words
Go to school, do your work, and choose your own turns

Chorus X2


So thats my songs. I hope you guys like it. I've just been so busy with things in my life I've been feeling overwhelmed with everyone else knowing who they want to be so I had to express it in a song. It'll take me a couple of weeks to learn it by heart so don't expect any videos anytime soon. But I'll most likely have one before I leave for Russia which will be the 29th. Or I'll record it there, who knows? Anyways. That ties up today's topic. And I gotta go catch some Z's before my French lesson tomorrow. So for now: read it, learn it, live it, love it, and post it!

Cheers, MarkL

No comments:

Post a Comment