Monday, April 25, 2011

Long time no talk

Hey readers, hows you guys doing? Well it's about time I've had a new post out, I'm pretty sure it's been more than a week since my last post, well it doesn't matter now cause I'm writing this post! So get ready to sit here staring at a screen for the next 20 minutes or so because this post is going to be a hell of a long one.

Well first I'd like to start off by saying Happy Easter guys! I hope you spent some time with your family on this fine 4-day weekend. Ofcourse being the Russian that I am I spent an amount of the weekend helping my mom cook some Easter food. I shall not go into detail because it's morning and some of you still haven't had breakfast, so what are you waiting for? Go grab some cereal and come back when you're done. Back already? Alright well I'm going to talk about a moderately serious topic, more of a lifestyle topic. Some time ago I heard this song called "Moment 4 Life" by Nicki Minaj. Now, I'm not a fan of hers, she kind of reminds me of my last ex. And her music isn't the best either, but one lyric in this song was true to its word. "But to live doesn't mean you're alive" and she's right. If you don't understand what she says let me explain. If you're living a moderate life, seeing all your friends go past you in every way and everyone else. But your life doesn't move anywhere, it's stuck in the same rut. Now ANYBODY can do that, which is why she says "Not everybody lives" And to truly "live" you need to take advantage of every opportunity life throws at you. Be it a competition, or an opportunity to travel outside of your country or to help someone in need. I guarantee by the end of your experience you'll feel better and you'll be better off. It's like that movie "Yes Man" where Jim Carrey played a banker that has had the same job for 5 years and his life hasn't improved in any way since. In fact, it's getting worse everyday it goes by. But one day, his friend convinces him to go to a "Say Yes" seminar which changes his life for the better. I suggest you see it, not only is it funny, but it's a great movie period. I guess that's it for this topic, what I suggest you do is try something new when you're bored. Try something that you've never done. I recently started taking pictures of Toronto and my school for a friend in Russia. And some of the things I photographed are pretty good, I even managed to get a sight of a blue Ferrari!!!!!! That's right! It was beatiful :) and I'm going to keep doing this until my camera breaks or my picture-taking finger breaks. Which is what I suggest what you guys should do, you'll be surprised with what you'll find.

Onto our next topic! As I mentioned before, my school has a 4 day weekend which is still going now. It started on Friday and it's going to end today. Unfortunately, things didn't go as I planned. I wanted to finish all my homework including my English Opinion Essay which I will talk about in my next topic, and Geography Research was also supposed to be done in the first two days. Unfortunately, I for some reason didn't do all of it. I did most of the written homework in the first day and on the second day I just helped get ready for Easter. And yesterday I had the ENTIRE day to finish my essay, and I didn't. So today I'm supposed to finish an Essay, Research, and a Speech. I'll be posting the Essay and Speech in the next 4 days or so so stay tuned. But the bottom line is, procrastination is my weakness and I hate myself for it. I've tried to stay on topic and do what I'm supposed to do, but I haven't tried my best. And that's my problem, I just haven't done my best. I'm sure some of you may have the same problem as me. And at this time in my life, it's not the best of moments to have this weakness. In fact, it's the worst. Because if I keep procrastinating now, it'll follow me throughout the rest of my life and probably cripple me along with it. I hope that this won't actually happen, but it's starting to become a close reality, unfortunately. Look, if you have any idea how I can reduce the amount of procrastination that I do on a daily basis then PLEASE put it in the comments, or confront me at school or em@il me about it. Because, and when I say this I stand for every other procrastinator, we can't do it alone and it sure as hell doesn't change overnight.

So now I'm going to talk about the opinion essay I'm writing. My least favourite teacher, yeah you know who she is: Ms.Kazman. She gave us an opinion essay assignment, she gave us a page of topics to choose from. And the only topic that appealed to me was "Are lyrics detrimental to today's youth?" And I chose this topic for the obvious reason: I write my own lyrics and music is my life! So as many of you know, an essay is composed of 1 opinion and no fence sitting. Well to me I see 3 different opinions in my topic. For 1: lyrics are detrimental, 2:some lyrics aren't detrimental, 3:just because some lyrics are bad doesn't mean all of them are (ex. just because 1 rap song has bad lyrics doesn't mean ALL rap songs are bad) And I couldn't ask her if I could do this because she was away for the entire week that we had the assignment assigned because of Passover (Happy Passover!!). I even heard some rumours that she's going to be gone this week partially, I hope the rumours are true because I don't exactly want to hand in my essay tomorrow. Now don't get me wrong, this topic is VERY easy for me to write because I listen to A LOT of the music I write about. But the problem is, you need facts to back up your opinion in the essay. As in, you STILL need to research about your topic to prove what you say. I guess it's the right thing to do from one point of view. But ti's an OPINION essay, not a regular essay. I say she should scrap the research part of the assignment and just let us free our minds on paper. But I'm only saying that because I do that on a daily basis with this blog and my lyrics.But still, that would've been a GREAT assignment to do. I would've loved to do it and would've finished it in the first 2 days we got the assignment. But now because we have to do research, it REALLY held me back. Because it's not that easy to find the good effects of some music style. It's easier to find the bad effects because that's what makes good news, most often it's the worst things that make the news.

Oh and I've got some news for you guys, I've been talking to some people and thinking about this, and I'm considering writing a book. The book would consist of every one of these posts since I began writing this blog. And if the book sells then I would keep writing in grade 10 and hopefully make a series. But that's just a dream to me, and I'd love to make it a reality. The problem is, I've seen some of these publishing companies, and they are goddamn expensive! And the problem is, I don't want them to have 50% of the profits when I still have to pay them A LOT of money. If anyone has any websites or people in publishing companies that they know then please let me know. Although I won't be publishing anything until I have more readers I still like the idea of a book with all my posts in it. And who knows, maybe I'll become a writer in the future. But this is all just a dream to me right now, I'll try to make it a possibility in the coming year, but that's a long way. Until then, read it, learn it, live it, love it, and post it!



Cheers, MarkL

No comments:

Post a Comment