Monday, March 28, 2011

I'm Back

Hey everyone, I'm SO sorry that I didn't get to post for 3 weeks. Let me explain. I decided to punish myself for not doing something so common sense that you'd have to be an asshole to pull off. And I had one of those moments where I was an ass. My mom didn't punish me so I decided to do it myself. I'm glad to be back and I've got TONS of new for you guys, which is why this post is gonna be EXTRA long just for the occasion!

First thing, I deleted my facebook recently. Let me explain, I was on facebook so much that it was taking over my time that I needed to use on something else. Like writing lyrics which I haven't done in a LOONG time. Or practising harmonica, or even reading which I do very little nowadays. Sadly. But anyways, why didn't I just sign on less? Because it's IMPOSSIBLE for me to do that. Once you have a good assignment and you're bored the first thing you want to do is facebook. 90% of us will say HELL YEAH!!! But the other lucky 10%, I bid you farewell on your journey on work. I just couldn't handle all the status updates and everything. I realized that it's just better to call people and Em@il them because it's more contact than Facebook. So from this day forward, I shall NEVER have Facebook ever again. I'll just stay on here and Em@il and I'll be awaiting your calls on my phone. If you think that what I did what stupid then that's you, but this is how I chose to live my life. If you don't like it then that's YOUR problem, not mine. Let's move onto the next big topic shall we?

I've been listening to beter music on a daily basis, I recently dug up some old Nickelback songs and Whiz Khalifa. I'll be posting them both on my blog as soon as this post is done. You may not like them, that's your choice. But this post is about my opinion, not yours, that's what the pages are for. I've been listening to Nickelback's song: If Everyone Cared. Straight from the title I can tell that it's going to be a compassionate song right from the heart. Which is what I'm looking for in the artists I listen to. Whether they write songs from the heart or from generic topics like money, drugs, babes and boobs. Then as the song progresses in the video I see stories of musicians and other famous people that fought what they believed in because it was the right thing to do. The song itself is half love song and half retribution. Here's a sample of the lyrics:
If everyone cared and nobody cried
If everyone loved and nobody lied
If everyone shared and swallowed ther pride
Then we'd see the day, when nobody died
 Immediately I try to relate to these lyrics, at Don Mills if everyone cared there woudln't have been any fights or anything. But I'm glad that it did happen because if it didn't I wouldn't be thankful today for what school I go to. After being in a hellhole for 3 years it makes you think of NT as a haven for everything possible. The second line also relates to what I've been through. There wasn't as much loving as there was lying in my life. Sadly almost everyone I met has lied to me, and it wasn't just a little lie. It was more of a "I'm gonna cut myself if you don't fix my family problems" lie. Imagine if someone loaded you with their own life problems while you had to go through your own. Imagine how much of a torture that is, knowing that you can't fix something that is already broken but you try anyways and get no results. I'm just glad I'll never talk to that skuzzbucket (you know how hard it is not to swear? Eventually you have to make up words :) Then the 3rd line, one thing I was proud of at Don Mills was that we swallowed our pride when we needed to and we shared on a regular basis. If you had accomplished somethign big then you felt good and people around you congratulated you. Then it was over and done with, and that's the way it should be. It shouldn't last for 5 minutes, imagine how annoying that would be. That would be like watching the Titanic sink, sitting in the audience you're probably thinking "HOLY CRAP SING ALREADY!!!!!!!!" But that's just me. And the 4th and final line, is the truth by itself. If we did all of these things then human rights would would be celebrated everywhere and nothing would be taken for granted. But we all know that won't ever happen. Know why? Cause the world would be boring if it was like that, just think about it and get back to me. Now to rate Whiz Khalifa's - Young, Wild, and Free. In the song the chorus goes like this:
So what we get drunk
So what we smoke weed
We just having fun
We don't care who sees
So what we go out
That's how it's supposed to be
Living young, and wild, and free
Right off the bat I can tell that this song is going to be about drugs and freedom. I only uphold freedom, not drugs. I'll save that for College. But generally speaking the song is about going out with friends and hanging out and living free until you reach adulthood where you won't have enough time to do that stuff. I'm happy Whiz incorporated that message into the song, and not kept it all about drugs, and alcohol, and babes. That's not what makes music. Let's move onto the next topic shall we?

Before I deleted my Facebook account I managed to talk to a 12th grader which is a good friend of mine at NT. And I've been talking to him a while now about how Don Mills is better in some aspects and worse in toehrs. And he had this idea, that I should write an article for Graffitti (my school's paper) and since he has some connections in Graffitii he can help me edit it and possibly publish it. I'm going to be starting to write this article in around the beginning of April, and by late May (hopefully by the 19th) I'll have it written. I'll be sure to post it on this blog when I'm finished it so don't worry, you guys will probably get the first look on the article.  I'll post the 2 versions, undeited and edited so that you can see the major differences and hopefully add your own CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

I think that that's all the stuff I can write today, I'm hopefully going to be coming up with some of my own lyrics sometime soon. Hopefully by next week I'll have them done and they'll be posted by then. I might be making my own version of someone elses lyrics in the future, but I like doing my own stuff rather than using somebody elses. By the time you've finished reading this I've already posted all my videos and you can go check them out. Remember that if you have a review to post then make sure to do so in the comments or inbox me. Or even contact me by Em@il which is: mlofichenko@hotmail.com. Oh and if you have any of your own stuff to post that you'd like to see on my blog then Em@il me a pic or a text document or whatever it is that you have that you'd like to share and I'll make sure it gets up on my blog. Until next time: Read it, learn it, live it, love it, post it.

Cheers, MarkL

P.S. it feels SOO good to finally say that!

No comments:

Post a Comment